In 1982 Wolfgang Metz began machining cutting tools in his garage and cellar at home. His work quickly convinced his first customers and a year later he founded his own company. Just one year after that, the company had outgrown its garage and moved to Unterharmersbach.
Wolfgang Metz quickly equips his new premises with high-performance machinery – including several Deckel models, universal grinders and cylindrical grinding machines. The continual expansion of the grinding shop forms the foundations of the company, which is further complemented by qualified employees.
In 2004 the company moves again and finds new premises at the entrance to the village of Zell a.H. However, after a few years it too becomes cramped and Wolfgang Metz decides to invest in something himself. Thus in 2010, the new headquarters are established in the industrial area of Zell a.H., where the company is still finds located today. Over an area covering 1000 square meters, 700 metres of which are production areas, 15 qualified members of staff are employed.
Since May 2018 Metz Tools has been headed in the second generation by Daniel Metz. He heads the company in the same spirit of his father, but also adds his own touch.